Thai aromatic coconut is very popular for its unique taste and has been exported to Europe, America, the Middle East, Australia, Asia and other countries. For the past six years, Thai coconut exports have been growing at a robust rate of about 20 percent a year. For Chinese market, however, Thai fragrance coconut still belongs to a burgeoning breed. Data shows that total trade volume of Thai coconut exported to China was merely $1000 in 2013, $46000 in 2014, $693000 in 2015, and $8145000 in 2016, the growth rate from 2015 to 2016 was up to 1075%. The total trade volume in 2017 has hit $13927000, close to fourteen million dollars. The amount has reached as much as $25591000 by the end of October 2018, with a projected growth rate of at least 82% from 2017 to 2018. Thailand's exports of fresh coconut to China have achieved an explosive growth in recent years, so to speak.
The figure above shows the total export volume of Thai coconuts to various countries or regions in recent years. It can be seen that Mainland China is far ahead of the other export markets, with Hong Kong ranking second and Taiwan third, followed by the United States and Indonesia. The import volume of China is much larger than that of other export markets combined. The root cause is still the popularity of Thai perfume coconut among Chinese people due to its excellent taste, and the limited supply of domestic direct drinking coconut.
Before 2012, Chinese consumers were not familiar with Thai coconut and its price was relatively high compared with that of Hainan coconut. However, after several years of gestation, the market channel has been mature. At the same time, with the improvement of people's consumption level, the pursuit of fruit taste become higher than before, thus Thai coconut began to enter the vision of the majority of consumers, and gradually become popular.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food KOKUMI IS A PERFECT BALANCE OF TASTES
- Exquisite Food CHINA'S SALTED EGG YOLK BELONGS TO THE WORLD
- Essential Beverage HEALTHY TEA AN ALL-ROUND INGREDIENT
- Essential Beverage China, USA, Brazil Targeted as Key Markets in Chile’s Decade Wine Plan
- Optimal Channel TOP 10 FOOD MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD V——France and Netherlands
- Optimal Channel TOP 10 FOOD MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD IV——Singapore and Australia
- Boutique Service THE WAY TO CHINESE CONSUNERS' HEARTS IS DEFINITELY THROUGH THEIR STOMACHS
- Boutique Service Food2China partners with CBNData