It is native to southwest India . When not used fresh, the rhizomes are boiled for about 30-45 minutes and then dried in hot ovens, after which they are ground into a deep-orange-yellow powder commonly used as a spice in Bangladeshi cuisine, Indian cuisine, Pakistani cuisine and curries, for dyeing, and to impart color to mustard condiments . One active ingredient is curcumin, which has a distinctly earthy, slightly bitter, slightly hot peppery flavor and a mustardy smell .
Over 100 unique volatile components have been isolated from turmeric, but the primary polyphenolic component is a curcuminoid appropriately named curcumin (no relation to the spice, cumin, other than both being delicious) . Curcumin - with its structural array of conjugated double bonds - is responsible for the color of turmeric and many of the published health benefits .
Over the past 20 years, thousands of research studies have linked turmeric with potent anti-oxidative, anti-viral, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, and cardioprotective effects (at least in vitro and in animal models) .
Main export coutries:
India, Sri lanka
turmeric power, turmeric tea, turmeric drink
How to eat:
add it to rice, toss it with roasted vegetables, use it in soups,make tea
You May Like
- Exquisite Food Central Asian cherries well received in China
- Exquisite Food £230M boost for British beef as China agrees market access
- Essential Beverage Oat Milk Is Ready to Conquer China
- Essential Beverage Study: Energy drinks can alter heart rhythm and increase blood pressure
- Optimal Channel How food makers can overcome the clean label 'trust gap'
- Optimal Channel True Italian Taste – Masterclass Guangzhou, 28th May 2019
- Boutique Service beef from Brazil is coming back
- Boutique Service THE WAY TO CHINESE CONSUNERS' HEARTS IS DEFINITELY THROUGH THEIR STOMACHS