Thai coconut is very popular for its unique taste and has been exported to Europe, America, the Middle East, Australia, Asia and other areas. For the past six years, Thai coconut exports have been growing at a robust rate of about 20% a year. For Chinese market, however, Thai coconut is still a new type.
Data shows that total trade value of Thai coconut exported to China was merely $1,000 in 2013, $46,000 in 2014, $693,000 in 2015, and $8,145,000 in 2016, the growth rate from 2015 to 2016 was up to 1075%. The total trade value in 2017 has reached $1,392,7000, close to fourteen million dollars. The amount has reached as much as $25,591,000 by the end of October 2018, with a growth rate of at least 82% from 2017 to 2018. Thailand's exports of fresh coconut to China have achieved an explosive growth in recent years.
The figure above shows the total export value of Thai coconuts to various countries or regions in recent years. It can be seen that Mainland China is far ahead of the other export markets, with Hong Kong ranking second and Taiwan third, followed by the United States and Indonesia. Also the import value of China is much larger than that of other export markets combined. The main reasons are Thailand coconut's excellent taste makes it so popular by Chinese people and China's domestic market is limited in supplying coconut.
Before 2012, Chinese consumers were not familiar with Thai coconut and its price was relatively high compared with that of Hainan coconut. However, after several years of incubation, the market channel has been mature. At the same time, with the improvement of people's consumption level, they have higher requirements for fruit taste. Thus thai coconut began to be known by more and more consumes, and gradually become popular.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food CHINA IMPORTS MORE THAN 1 MILLION TONS OF BEEF A YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME, NEARLY 30 PERCENT OF WHICH COMES FROM BRAZIL
- Exquisite Food EKAZAKHSTAN’S EXPORT VOLUME OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS INCREASED BY 42% AND IT PLANS TO INCREASE EXPORTS OF HONEY TO CHINA
- Essential Beverage China, USA, Brazil Targeted as Key Markets in Chile’s Decade Wine Plan
- Essential Beverage 4 Brands of Sparkling Wines from Portugal
- Optimal Channel TOP 10 FOOD MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD V——France and Netherlands
- Optimal Channel TOP 10 FOOD MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD IV——Singapore and Australia
- Boutique Service THE WAY TO CHINESE CONSUNERS' HEARTS IS DEFINITELY THROUGH THEIR STOMACHS
- Boutique Service Food2China partners with CBNData