According to the latest statistics, China imported 1.2 million tons of fresh and frozen pork and 947,000 tons of pork by-products in 2018. Among them, China's imports of fresh and frozen pork from the United States dropped dramatically by 48% (80,000 tons) due to the trade war between China and the United States. At the meanwhile purchases of fresh and frozen pork from Spain also decreased, by 8% to 17,900 tons compared with 2017.
In contrast, Germany surpassed Spain and become the biggest supplier of fresh and frozen pork to China in 2018.Because of several German pork suppliers were allowed back into China. China’s import of fresh and frozen pork from Germany increased 16,600 tons in 2018, by 8% compared with 2017.There was also a significant increase in imported pork and its by-products from the UK in 2018, reaching 50,000 tons, an increase of 4,000 tons compared with 2017. In addition, China imported a total of 150,000 tons of pork from Brazil in 2018, more than triple the amount imported in 2017. This was affected by the act that Russia temporarily closed its market to Brazil pork.
According to relevant reports, China’s domestic pork production was predicted to decline sharply in 2019, which is likely to drive the demand for pork imports continuously.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food China's alcohol intake on the rise, thanks to growing affluence, more adventurous drinkers
- Exquisite Food How technology is transforming poultry production in China
- Essential Beverage The spirits market in China: The four most popular alcoholic drinks among Chinese consumers(II)
- Essential Beverage The spirits market in China: The four most popular alcoholic drinks among Chinese consumers(I)
- Optimal Channel What are the Requirements for Imported honey? There was a Diagram of Import Flow
- Optimal Channel Thai Food Enjoys Bright Market Prospects in China
- Boutique Service Chinese IQF vegetable industry growing fast
- Boutique Service OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET