On September 3rd, a symposium on Uruguay’s Dairy Industry was held at the Consulate General of Uruguay in Guangzhou. This event was hosted by the Consul General of Uruguay in Guangzhou, Mr. Martin Alvez and the Director of International Relations of INALE (Uruguayan National Institute for Milk), Economist Mrs. Mercedes Baraibar.
Authorities from CCPIT Guangdong, CCPIT Guangzhou, representatives from the Dairy Association of Guangdong and Guangzhou, Yantang Dairy Industry of Guangdong, Guanghzou Yuexiu Restaurant and Catering Association and other relevant chambers, associations, companies and restaurants gathered at this symposium to learn about Uruguay’s Dairy Industry while tasting Uruguayan milk and cheese.
"Uruguay is the 7th largest dairy exporter in the world, accounting for 2% of international dairy trade. Uruguay exports 70% of its dairy products to more than 60 countries and regions." Ms. Mercedes said. It is reported that Uruguay's main exports of dairy products and markets are: 63% of powder milk, 18% of cheese, 10% of butter, 5% of skim milk powder.
Mrs. Mercedes Baraibar
Mr. Consul General said: "As the first country in South America to sign the Belt and Road Initiative with China, Uruguay has attached great importance to economic and trade exchanges with China in recent years, and hopes to deepen its interaction with Southern China dairy industry counterparts in order to seek more future cooperation”.
Mr. Martin Alvez
Finally, it’s worth notice that the exports of dairy to China are growing significantly on the last 5 years, for the moment only powder milk can be found in industrialized products on supermarkets, but Uruguay is committed to reach the final consumer with top quality cheese and yogurt. Currently, if you eat pizza in Guangdong, ask for Uruguayan mozzarella cheese on it. It´s already available and you worth it.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food FRENCH CHICKEN IS RETURNING TO CHINA MARKET AFTER LIFTING ITS BAN
- Exquisite Food ECUADORIAN WHITE SHRIMP LED THE CHINESE SHRIMP MARKET IN GROWTH RATE IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2019
- Essential Beverage THE IMPORTED BEER HAS A BAD MARKET PERFORMANCE IN THE EARLY 2019 , WITH THE DROPPING GROWTHS IN BOTH VOLUME AND VALUE
- Essential Beverage FAMOUS IN THE WORLD, AUSTRIAN ORGANIC FOOD AND WINE STRIVE TO EXPAND SHARES IN THE CHINESE MARKET
- Optimal Channel PHILIPPINE FOOD FOCUSES ON THE CHINESE MARKET AND SEEKS TO MEET CHINESE CONSUMERS’ DEMAND
- Optimal Channel THE OUTLINE OF THE DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR THE GUANGDONG, HONG KONG & MACAO GREATER BAY AREA PUSHES THE IMPORTED FOOD MARKET SIZE TO 500 BILLION YUAN
- Boutique Service HOW TO DEAL WITH THE WORLD'S MOST PRECIOUS INGREDIENTS
- Boutique Service Want to Enter the Big Chinese Food Market? F2C Can Help You !