The great taste of bluefin tuna is irresistible, its unique flavor makes imports of this "deep-sea black diamond" in China has been on the rise without declining. According to data, currently, the global tuna fishing volume has almost reached 8 million tons, and the output of tuna that meets the standard to be eaten raw is between 400,000 and 500,000 tons, accounting for about 5%, among which bluefin tuna is even less than 1%, but the annual trading value of bluefin tuna is over 400 million US dollars.
The market of bluefin tuna in China is getting larger and larger due to the improvement of Chinese people’s living standards. According to customs data, China’s total import volume of bluefin tuna was 180,400 kg in 2016, 525,600 kg in 2017 and 497,200 kg in 2018. China’s import trading value totaled 6.9 million US dollars in 2016, in 2017 it totaled $13.91 million, and in 2018 it totaled $15.31 million. In China, bluefin tuna is mainly sold to Guangdong, Shanghai, Shandong and other places, tomainly supply high-end Japanese restaurants and starred hotels. Not only the quantity of bluefin tuna imported to China is on the rise, but also the quality is improving. In 2017, with the initiation of importing bluefin tuna at ports in Shandong and Jiangsu, all ports in China allowed to import high-quality bluefin tuna in succession. With the opening of the market and the improvement of people's living standards, the mysterious and high-end bluefin tuna gradually becomes popular, and usual products in some new retail fresh stores. Bluefin tuna is no longer an exclusive food of previously illustrious families, but a treasure within reach for common people.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food FRENCH CHICKEN IS RETURNING TO CHINA MARKET AFTER LIFTING ITS BAN
- Exquisite Food ECUADORIAN WHITE SHRIMP LED THE CHINESE SHRIMP MARKET IN GROWTH RATE IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2019
- Essential Beverage THE IMPORTED BEER HAS A BAD MARKET PERFORMANCE IN THE EARLY 2019 , WITH THE DROPPING GROWTHS IN BOTH VOLUME AND VALUE
- Essential Beverage FAMOUS IN THE WORLD, AUSTRIAN ORGANIC FOOD AND WINE STRIVE TO EXPAND SHARES IN THE CHINESE MARKET
- Optimal Channel PHILIPPINE FOOD FOCUSES ON THE CHINESE MARKET AND SEEKS TO MEET CHINESE CONSUMERS’ DEMAND
- Optimal Channel THE OUTLINE OF THE DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR THE GUANGDONG, HONG KONG & MACAO GREATER BAY AREA PUSHES THE IMPORTED FOOD MARKET SIZE TO 500 BILLION YUAN
- Boutique Service HOW TO DEAL WITH THE WORLD'S MOST PRECIOUS INGREDIENTS
- Boutique Service Want to Enter the Big Chinese Food Market? F2C Can Help You !