This year, cherries from Central Asia entered the Chinese market for the first time. Cherries from countries such as Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan have made their ways to the Chinese market, thanks to the “Belt and Road” initiative aimed at driving more commercial activities between Central Asia and China. Mr. Hui Li from Anliman International Trading Co., Ltd. in Henan Province also imported cherries from these markets this year. "The quality of these cherries is very good, although their production season overlaps with the domestic season. However, their higher quality gives them a more favorable market advantage. I believe that their high quality is mainly brought by the fact that they are grown in natural conditions without using any pesticides or other products that may damage the quality. Logistics is a big challenge throughout the chain, but we are just at the beginning, and it will take some time to completely overcome these difficulties.”He commented.
Prior to founding his own company this year, Mr. Hui Li had many years of operational experience in the fruit sector. He decided to start with cherries and then expand to other fruit items. He explained: "I really like the color and taste of cherry. In addition, cherry is a very important product in China, which has also driven me to understand this market in depth. Therefore, I chose to start with this product, and plan to market good fruit from all over the world in the future. The seasons of local cherries and Central Asian cherries are coming to an end. Currently, imported cherries on the Chinese market are mainly from the United States, and the volume is small. Considering that we are in the middle of the trade war between China and the United States, it is expected that the volume of American cherries arriving in China won’t be as high in the later period. More Chinese people will start to turn to the Turkish cherries."
“At the moment, I am investigating Turkish cherries. Their season has just begun and is expected to end in August. I hope to find more partners to explore business opportunities together.”
You May Like
- Exquisite Food ADDICT TO THE SWEET AROMA OF FRUITS——TASTES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD（3）
- Exquisite Food China's pork imports surge in first three quarters
- Essential Beverage THE IMPORTED BEER HAS A BAD MARKET PERFORMANCE IN THE EARLY 2019 , WITH THE DROPPING GROWTHS IN BOTH VOLUME AND VALUE
- Essential Beverage FAMOUS IN THE WORLD, AUSTRIAN ORGANIC FOOD AND WINE STRIVE TO EXPAND SHARES IN THE CHINESE MARKET
- Optimal Channel CHINA REPRESENTS THE NEW BLUE OCEAN FOR ITALIAN AGRIFOOD
- Optimal Channel NATURE AND HEALTH --TWO MAJOR FEATURES OF BRITISH FOOD
- Boutique Service Great Success of Food2China Expo 2019
- Boutique Service HOW TO DEAL WITH THE WORLD'S MOST PRECIOUS INGREDIENTS