In the first quarter, China imported 390,000 tons of pork, a year-on-year growth of 77%. Though America, Canada and Brazil are also expanding their pork export, Europe gains the upper hand due to the weakening of the euro.
The demand of China helps Europe get rid of excessive pork. There are two reasons for the excess: the increase of livestock inventories in Europe, especially in German and Spain, and the sudden shutdown of Russian market because of sanitary embargo regulations.
China's import drives the pork price upward in Spain, German and France, in which competition pressure is therefore reduced. The recovery of pork price in France can be attributed to the import of China, in this way, most pig farmers in France manage to cover their costs by selling pork at 1.3 euro per kilo.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food Savor the Taste o f the Sea and Appre ciate the World’s To p Ten Oysters
- Exquisite Food French charcuterie
- Essential Beverage Half of China's middle class population drinks imported wine
- Essential Beverage Australian wine boom in China could just be the beginning
- Optimal Channel POLISH FOOD: HIGH QUALITY, UNIQUE TASTE AND REASONABLE PRICE
- Optimal Channel China, USA, Brazil Targeted as Key Markets in Chile's Decade Wine Plan
- Boutique Service What Preparations Should Be Made Before Import for Imported Food Enterprises
- Boutique Service ITALIAN PAVILION