White shrimps that come from Ecuador benefit from the opening up of China market and the lowering of tariffs. The export volume of Ecuadorian white shrimp to China has been on the rise, reaching 62,136.727 pounds, 66,857.17 pounds and 74,484.837 pounds respectively in the first quarter of 2019. The growth rates varies in different months--57% in January, 53% in February and 34% in March. Compared with the same period last year respectively, the growths of the first two months have both exceeded 50%, leading the shrimp market in China!
At the moment, China's demand for imported shrimp is growing at a rate of 15% a year. As the peak demand comes, it is expected that the growth rate may even be up to as much as 20% this year. Since most restaurants still use frozen shrimp for cooking during the peak tourist season in China from May to November, those white shrimps weighing 30-40 shrimps per kg and 40-50 shrimps per kg are likely to be more popular. At the same time, these two specifications of white shrimp also account for a large proportion in the household consumption. Demand for white shrimp is expected to continue to rise, which may lead to an increase in import volume of white shrimp from Ecuador.
Trading volume of Ecuadorian white shrimp began to increase gradually in April, and the price went up accordingly. So far, the shrimp has performed well in China market. However, as a large number of Chinese shrimps launch to the market in June, a great impact on imported white shrimps may occur.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food Estonian food enter Chinese market successfully
- Exquisite Food Brazil will export dairy to China soon
- Essential Beverage FHC is opening! The 23rd Shanghai International Food & Beverage & Catering Equipment Exhibition opened today!
- Essential Beverage INTOXICATING ALCOHOLIC DRINKS——TASTES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD（6）
- Optimal Channel Food2China signed an agreement with MEXCHAM！Congratulations！
- Optimal Channel Second CIIE ends on full score
- Boutique Service CIIE 2019 – China International Import Expo
- Boutique Service FHC, China's Premier Food and Hospitality Trade Show