White shrimps that come from Ecuador benefit from the opening up of China market and the lowering of tariffs. The export volume of Ecuadorian white shrimp to China has been on the rise, reaching 62,136.727 pounds, 66,857.17 pounds and 74,484.837 pounds respectively in the first quarter of 2019. The growth rates varies in different months--57% in January, 53% in February and 34% in March. Compared with the same period last year respectively, the growths of the first two months have both exceeded 50%, leading the shrimp market in China!
At the moment, China's demand for imported shrimp is growing at a rate of 15% a year. As the peak demand comes, it is expected that the growth rate may even be up to as much as 20% this year. Since most restaurants still use frozen shrimp for cooking during the peak tourist season in China from May to November, those white shrimps weighing 30-40 shrimps per kg and 40-50 shrimps per kg are likely to be more popular. At the same time, these two specifications of white shrimp also account for a large proportion in the household consumption. Demand for white shrimp is expected to continue to rise, which may lead to an increase in import volume of white shrimp from Ecuador.
Trading volume of Ecuadorian white shrimp began to increase gradually in April, and the price went up accordingly. So far, the shrimp has performed well in China market. However, as a large number of Chinese shrimps launch to the market in June, a great impact on imported white shrimps may occur.
You May Like
- Exquisite Food FRENCH CHICKEN IS RETURNING TO CHINA MARKET AFTER LIFTING ITS BAN
- Exquisite Food ECUADORIAN WHITE SHRIMP LED THE CHINESE SHRIMP MARKET IN GROWTH RATE IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2019
- Essential Beverage THE IMPORTED BEER HAS A BAD MARKET PERFORMANCE IN THE EARLY 2019 , WITH THE DROPPING GROWTHS IN BOTH VOLUME AND VALUE
- Essential Beverage FAMOUS IN THE WORLD, AUSTRIAN ORGANIC FOOD AND WINE STRIVE TO EXPAND SHARES IN THE CHINESE MARKET
- Optimal Channel PHILIPPINE FOOD FOCUSES ON THE CHINESE MARKET AND SEEKS TO MEET CHINESE CONSUMERS’ DEMAND
- Optimal Channel THE OUTLINE OF THE DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR THE GUANGDONG, HONG KONG & MACAO GREATER BAY AREA PUSHES THE IMPORTED FOOD MARKET SIZE TO 500 BILLION YUAN
- Boutique Service HOW TO DEAL WITH THE WORLD'S MOST PRECIOUS INGREDIENTS
- Boutique Service Want to Enter the Big Chinese Food Market? F2C Can Help You !